The vaults are insufferably damp.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 4 at the Bohn's

We had a fun holiday, even with some illness in the family. Sarah woke up with a nasty head cold, and Ellen's voice was raw all day long. I drove out to Albertsons to buy some cold medicine, but the pharmacy was closed. Sarah had to tough it out, but she did get a little better as the day wore on. I think I managed to catch her cold somehow during the day.

We had Cindy's family over for lunch. I moved the charcoal grill into the front yard. That's where all the shade is in the morning. I cooked hamburgers for the girls, a hot dog for William, and pork chops for Cindy and myself. The chops turned out great! I also cooked some food for Cindy's parents. We rounded out the meal with potato chips, baked beans, and lemon bars.

Ellen and Sarah were in the flag ceremony at Stadium of Fire. I told them some people would be impressed that they shared a stage with Hannah Montana. They didn't think it was such a big deal. When I went to drop them off we went down the wrong road and got shouted at by one of Provo's Finest. We managed to find the back lane that led to the proper parking lot. Dropping them off was a breeze, no problem at all. When I went to pick them up things were much more interesting, in a boring sort of way. I was driving there as the fireworks were going off, and I pulled into the lane just after they ended. There were all kinds of cars trying to leave the stadium, and the road was quite narrow. Add in the pedestrian traffic, and motorcycles and scooters trying to go the wrong way: it wasn't pretty. I finally pulled over about a block and a half short of the parking lot and just waited. Eventually the girls showed up and we tried to turn around and leave. Took more than an hour just to get on the main road, and that was going slowly in parts. We made it home after midnight, everyone tired and getting a little silly.  We started making up our own lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody. 

They didn't think much of the headliner, but both girls enjoyed Blue Man Group. I'd kind of like to see them perform someday. We all enjoyed our holiday, and I wish my dad could have been here.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

How in the world did they get to be in the flag ceremony? I think it is cool that they shared the stage with Hannah Montana!

Support This Site