The vaults are insufferably damp.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cub Scout Day Camp

I had a good time at Camp Jeremiah Johnson, but it sure was cold. We arrived at the camp about 7:10 am, before the sun was good and up. There were some menacing clouds off to the west, but the sky above us was blue. Lucky that we all wore coats. We had a good pack cheer:

Bow and Arrow, B-B Gun!
We are Thirteen Thirty One!

(Pack 1331 that is).

Our first activity was B-B Guns! It made me think perhaps I should own one...

We did more fun stuff, including sling shots and rain gutter regatta. Then lunch time arrived and it was even colder. Christian Fairbanks was sitting there shivering as he ate his sandwich, so I gave him an extra coat that I'd brought along. It was so cold!

After lunch the cubs made swords out of fun-noodles and pvc pipe. A round of swashbuckling warmed everyone up. Then it was off to the archery range. By the time we had finished and loaded up to go home the sun was shining and it was warming up.

I'm glad I went, I think everyone had a good time and they brought home some cool stuff.

No comments:

Support This Site